Ideal Way To View Challenges In Business

Every business has challenges. Some days you feel like things are against you or doubt whether you should have started a business in the first place.
Ideal Way To View Challenges In Business

Ideal Way To View Challenges In Business

Instead of getting frustrated at the problem or thinking:
  • “it shouldn’t be like this”
  • “it’s taking too long”
  • “I’ve got so much to do”
  • “Why isn’t the computer doing what I want it to?”
You should “reframe” yourself. Reframing is an NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming) term which essentially means to change the way you see something.
William Shakespeare said that “nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so”. So it’s not what happens to you that matters, but how you take it.
And here’s the best way I’ve found to take it, or view challenges in business (and in life too)…
I imagine that I’m in a race with 1,000 people. We are all racing towards a goal in the distance. If there are no obstacles, then my chances of winning are slim (because I’m not the fastest runner).
However, luckily an obstacle pops up. Eg. I need to create a website but I’m having technical challenges. I see this as a good thing, because obstacles mean I have a chance to progress.
After this obstacle, there are only 800 people in the race now. I remind myself that in business, everyone has problems. I don’t have to be perfect, I just have to do more than my competition.
So, when a challenge pops up unexpectedly, am I going to be the one that progresses towards my goal, or am I going to be left behind?